About Us

Totaranui Stud was First started by Norm and Gweneth Hoggard in 1937. Mary Anne was their daughter and she married John Jackson in xxxx. John and Mary Anne first farmed at Waipori, Makuri. They retained that farm but took over Totaranui in 1991 and then later bought Puke Te down in Masterton. John and Mary Anne had three children, Bruce, Tally and Helen. Tally married Daimien in 2006, and they moved from Wellington to Totaranui in 2007. John and Mary Anne retired to Waikawa, Marlborough Sounds in 2012.